Church Crevasses

Church Crevasses
After sleeping in crevices for years on end, I crawl out of one and and take my own photo for my book cover.

Friday 1 June 2012

John Walker's Five-Star Review of Boxer Hobo

John Walker's 5*****Star Review of Boxer Hobo

I'm stoked! I've just received a fantastic five-star review on Amazon by the brilliant author of Wrath and Remembrance, John Walker!
How great is that!

Here it is, Review of my book; Boxer Hobo by John Walker:


*****A knock out!, June 1, 2012
by DarkWords (Paris, France) - See all my reviews
This review is from Boxer Hobo (The Hobo Chronicles) (Kindle Edition)


When self-styled professional boxer and hobo, Johnny Noctor, regains consciousness in hospital the world is never the same for him. Johnny has sustained a fractured skull and serious brain injury and there's a question on how he got that way. The doctors assume that he must have fallen over while drunk, but Johnny suspects that he's been viciously assaulted. Frustrated by excuses and bureaucratic resistance, he hits the streets again with the firm intention of finding his assailant himself. Author, Johnny Noctor, knows how to write with a sardonic and often poetic wit: "I'm Noctor, where's the doctor? ... I'm not robo, I'm hobo ... Doctor Dunn, are you married to a nun?" But along with the humor, there's a serious story being told. Intelligent, sharp, wry and reminiscent of Charles Bukowski's tales from the hard, alcohol-hazed side of life on the fringes of society, Johnny shines a light on so-called friends who only know how to use, take and then discard, along with the ugliness of an apathetic society and corruption in a sport he loves and values, while he struggles against his own demons, works hard to be a positive role model to his children and survives the brutalities of life on the cold, concrete streets where death stalks invisibly in the form of The Nothing, searching for the next easy victim. But Johnny refuses to be a victim, and however hard he got knocked down, he was never out for the count. His resolute, never-say-die attitude has to be admired as he triumphs over adversity when many other men would have crumbled and thrown in the proverbial towel. Life, especially when complicated by injury and the misery of addiction, can be the hardest fight of all. 

Thank you, John Walker, I really appreciate this more than you know. Here's a link to the great writer John Walker's Blog: Here


And his website: Here


Here is the link to my book: Boxer Hobo


Here is the link to my reviews on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Boxer-Hobo-The-Chronicles-ebook/product-reviews/B0078NXI0G/ref=cm_cr_pr_top_recent?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

3 comments:

  1. You're welcome, Johnny.
    I always give credit where it's due.
    Brilliant book.
    Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, John, thanks again for the fabulous review. I'm stoked. You have a great way with words. Love it. Makes a great synopsis!

    I enjoy reading your blog posts. They're always entertaining. Cheers, mate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that I will read the book although I prefer nonfiction books

    ReplyDelete